Attendees: Balakumar Ponnuswamy, Iyappan Raman, Siva Venkatachalam, Vidya Vijayanand
DC Chapter Meeting: Oct 13, 2013
· SDC NAMCO- Report for Sep received- total of 418 children attended the 10 centers in the month of Sep. The teachers have met all the parents individually. Some of the Village panchayat leaders also visited the centers and appreciated the teachers’ efforts.
· ASTA 1 & ASTA 2 -KK/ CARE – Sep reports received. Teacher support in 27 schools (with 28 teachers) going on per schedule. 17 working days in Sep. About 2600 students benefit from this project.
· SDC KK / CARE – Sep report received. This program benefits about 450 children in 10 villages. 16 teachers are engaged in this project. Special coaching was given for the Quarterly exams.
· KOODU –Report for Sep received. 16 students are participating in the Computer Classes and 16 in the Tailoring Class. The children are making good progress. The course ends next month.
· ASTA VIDIYEL– Kodangipatti – 1 Para teacher provided to supplement the high school teacher. Sep report not received.
· SDC Manapakkam / NAMCO – Reports for Sep received. 46 students attended the classes in Sep. The children celebrated Onam making floral kolams and sharing sweets.
· ASTA / NAMCO- Agarapettai- July, Aug & Sep reports received. 3 para-teachers supplement the existing high school- teachers - benefits 260 students.
· RWDT – Report for Sep not recd.
· CENDECT School for MR Children - Report for Sep received. New HM identified. 2 Special Ed teachers and helpers already employed are engaged in this project. 15 children have been enrolled and 10 more have been identified for enrolment.
· READ – Report for Sep received. To go over in detail and discuss in Project Committee meeting.
· Kuniamuthur School Building – NAMCO has released about Rs 22000 to the Contractor for building demolition and repairs.
· Chinnaperoli Village School Building repair – School has requested us to contact the Panchayat reg the repairs, because the Panchayat approval is required. Bala to follow up with the Panchayat leader.
· Nilakottai Sourashtra Middle School- Request for Girls toilets benefitting 256 girl students ( Rs 3 lakhs ) and 40 desks and benches for all 700 students (Rs.1.8 lakhs). This was discussed and Ravi Rajaram provided all the details the members requested. Was decided to fund 6 toilets and 6 urinals. Waiting for a comparative quote from Iyappan.
· Namagiripet High School: Proposal was submitted by Venkat. School requires Compound Wall, Drums Set & Sports Cycle, RO Water system, Flooring, Entrance Arch, 3 Steel cupboards – total estimate Rs. 300,000. This was discussed and was decided to consider all except the Entrance Arch and the Drums Set & Sports Cycle. Venkat to discuss this with the school and get a quote. Waiting for a revised quote.
- About 60 runners successfully participated in the Baltimore Running Festival on behalf of AIMS. More AIMS runners are participating in the MCM on Oct 27.